Leading North American bitcoin mining firm Hut8 Mining has been approved for listing on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol HUT. The company is also listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
- Hut 8 Mining Corp. announced Thursday that its common shares have been approved for listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (Nasdaq) under the ticker symbol HUT. The Nasdaq website states that the global select market has “the highest initial listing standards of any exchange in the world.”
- Hut8 Mining describes itself as “one of the oldest and largest innovation-focused bitcoin miners in North America.” It is incorporated and governed under the Business Corporations Act of British Columbia. Most of the company’s directors and officers reside primarily in Canada.
- The company is also listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol HUT. It was the first bitcoin miner to be publicly traded on the TSX exchange. Hut 8 says its TSX listing will remain unchanged.
- Hut8 Mining shares are already quoted on the OTCQX market under the symbol HUTMF. Hut8 Mining is ranked 11th (out of 10,000) on the 2021 OTCQX Best 50.
- The company announced its plans to list on Nasdaq on May 12, after filing an F-10 form with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on March 10.
- Hut8 Mining is also a founding member of the Bitcoin Mining Council, “a voluntary and open platform of bitcoin miners committed to the network and its fundamentals,” its website details. “We promote transparency, share best practices, and educate the public on bitcoin and the benefits of bitcoin mining.” The council was formed after a appointment Tesla CEO Elon Musk and several major North American bitcoin miners. The meeting was hosted by Michael Saylor, CEO of Microstrategy.
What do you think about Hut8 Mining Listing Shares on Nasdaq? Let us know in the comments section below.
image credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, WikiCommons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any products, services, or companies, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services or companies. bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the Company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on any materials, goods or services mentioned in this article.