On Friday, June 11, 2021, data suggests taproot lock-in may occur this coming weekend, as the signal ratio is 98.3% and more than 100 additional signaling blocks are needed to lock in the upcoming soft fork. is.
Bitcoin Upgrade Taproot Inches Towards Lock-in, Success Means Activation in November
- Bitcoin participants (B T c) The network is preparing to see a softfork in November if the signaling status of “expedited testing support for version BITS #21377” locks up this weekend.
- “taproot-activation” according to github documentationBitcoin Taproot Upgrade includes “upgrades that can be deployed as forward-compatible soft forks”.
- The upgrade also adds “Schnorr Signature Scheme with MAST (MAST).Mercalized Alternative Script Tree) and a new scripting language called TapScript, Taproot will expand bitcoin’s smart contract flexibility, while providing users with greater privacy by masking complex smart contracts as regular bitcoin transactions.
- Bitcoiners Believe Taproot Upgrade and Adding Schnorr Signature Scheme With MAST Will Benefit B T cprivacy and scaling.
- Website at the time of writing taproot.watch Indicates that the current signal ratio is 98.39% and that “101 additional signaling blocks are required to lock the softfork,” the web portal states.
- Popular bitcoin evangelist Andreas Antonopoulos tweeted Further said of the upcoming lock-in period: “Taproot will be locked-in for November activation in the next 36 hours. A huge success for bitcoin, Taproot has introduced a second signature algo (Schnorr) and important privacy features.” Introduced. Also a great success for the “quick test” activation method
- If Taproot is successful it will be bitcoin’s biggest upgrade (B T c) in the four years since the introduction of Segregated Witness (SegWit) in 2017.
- On Friday, software developer Jimmy Song tweeted about Taproot’s approach to lock-in. “Looks like Taproot is heading towards lock-in. The block is a bit slow (estimated difficulty adjustment is -4.5%),” lyric tweeted. “By this time tomorrow, we should be all set for Taproot.”
- taproot.watch Programmer and non-custodial Lightning Network Blixt wallet developer Hamps Sjöberg also tweeted about taproot locking soon. “Taproot is a 100-year softfork,” Sjöberg wrote.
- “Merging every contract and use-case under a single transaction type ‘pay to taproot’ will lead to a more convertible and robust blockchain in the long run. You have to do it that way. That’s how you design a blockchain, Developer Hamps Sjöberg said.
What do you think about Taproot locking in for this weekend’s November activation? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comment section below.
image credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, WikiCommons, Taproot.watch, Looney Tunes,
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any products, services, or companies, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services or companies. bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the Company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use or reliance on any materials, goods or services mentioned in this article.