The ‘expedited trial’ lock-in period for the bitcoin network upgrade taproot is now over. Data lock-in has been acquired from Taproot.watch details and was locked at block height 687,285 and mined by mining pool Slushpool.
bitcoin taproot lock-in block height 687,285 . on full
- Taproot is coming as a web portal this November taproot.watch Indicates that the lock-in period of the signaling has expired. “This period has reached the 1815 taproot signaling block, which is required for lock-in.”
- Taproot is Upgraded agreed One of the biggest upgrades in the four years since Segregated Witness (SegWit) was activated in 2017.
- Poolin executive Alejandro de la Torre tweeted about the milestone after signaling ended. “Taprut Has Locked-in,” De La Torre said. “Excellent job miners. Congratulations bitcoiners. The bitcoin protocol upgrade is now ready to be activated in November.
- When activated in November, Taproot addresses will be able to take advantage of Schnorr signatures, unlike Bitcoin’s existing Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA). Because Schnorr signatures are more compact than ECDSA, it can improve scaling.
- In addition to the bump in scaling expected from taproot activation, other features include more complex B T c Smart contracts and decision-based transactions. With this it has been said that Taproot and schnore signature Will also allow for greater privacy while transacting.
- Taproot Enhancements in . includes the ability B T c participants to use merkle tree.
- bitcoin core version 0.21.1 And versions above this release will be able to upgrade to Taproot in November. It will be around five months for miners and other node operators who want to transition to Taproot.
- Taproot, however, is a soft fork which means that similar to SegWit, network participants are not required to upgrade to the new rule.
- 13Exchange founder Nikita Vasev expressed her happiness at the completion of the lock-in and tweeted about the historic occasion on Twitter. “A lot of work was done on activation,” Vasev wrote on Friday. “I was impressed with how the pools got involved and this is our common achievement.”
What do you think about the upgrade of the bitcoin protocol to Taproot this November? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comment section below.
image credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, WikiCommons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any products, services, or companies, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services or companies. bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the Company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss alleged to be caused or in connection with the use or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.